San Jose, California, United States
Industry: Technology/Networking Hardware
Region: US 🇺🇸
Year Founded: 1996
IPO Date: 05-20-1999
Market Cap: $1.1 billion
Number of Employees: Approx. 2,500
Revenue: $1.112 billion (2022)
Net Income: $44.27 million (2022)
Extreme Networks, Inc.
Extreme Networks IPO
Extreme Networks went public with its initial public offering (IPO) on April 7, 1999.
The company offered its shares on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol “EXTR.”
The IPO was met with significant interest from investors, and the company’s stock has since become a prominent player in the networking and communication industry.
Extreme Networks IPO Prospectus
A prospectus is a formal document required by and filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) that provides details about an investment offering to the public. You can find Extreme Networks’s Prospectus here.
Company Overview & History
Extreme Networks is a leading global provider of software-driven networking solutions.
Founded in 1996, the company has its headquarters in San Jose, California.
Since its inception, Extreme Networks has been committed to delivering cutting-edge technology to enable seamless connectivity and networking solutions for businesses across various industries.
Throughout its history, Extreme Networks has achieved substantial growth and development through strategic acquisitions and innovative product offerings.
By acquiring complementary businesses and technologies, the company has expanded its portfolio to provide comprehensive end-to-end networking solutions that cater to the evolving needs of modern enterprises.
|Year||Revenue($B)||Net Income($B)||EBITDA($B)||Operational Cash Flow($B)|
Extreme Networks operates as a solutions provider, offering a range of hardware, software, and cloud-based networking solutions.
The company’s business model revolves around providing its customers with robust and scalable networking infrastructure to facilitate seamless communication, enhance productivity, and optimize operational efficiency.
Extreme Networks serves various industries, including healthcare, education, manufacturing, hospitality, and government, tailoring its solutions to meet specific sector requirements.
A key aspect of Extreme Networks’ business model is its focus on software-driven networking.
The company emphasizes the importance of programmable, adaptable, and intelligent networking solutions that can be centrally managed and optimized to address dynamic business needs.
This approach enables customers to leverage automation, artificial intelligence, and analytics to achieve enhanced performance and security in their networks.
Market Cap Over the Years
Like any company operating in a competitive and dynamic market, Extreme Networks faces several risk factors that could impact its business and financial performance.
These risk factors include:
1. Market Competition Extreme Networks operates in a highly competitive industry, facing competition from established networking companies and emerging startups.
2. Technology Obsolescence Rapid technological advancements may lead to the obsolescence of some of the company’s products and solutions, necessitating continuous innovation and product development.
3. Economic Factors Fluctuations in the global economy and industry-specific challenges can impact customer spending and demand for networking solutions.
4. Cybersecurity Risks As a provider of networking solutions, Extreme Networks must address the ongoing challenge of cybersecurity threats and data breaches.
Extreme Networks operates in a dynamic and growing market.
The increasing digitization of businesses, the widespread adoption of cloud services, and the emergence of the Internet of Things (IoT) have created a significant demand for robust and reliable networking infrastructure.
Moreover, as enterprises seek to optimize their operations and deliver seamless user experiences, the need for software-driven networking solutions is on the rise.
Extreme Networks is well-positioned to capitalize on this market opportunity by offering a comprehensive suite of networking solutions that cater to diverse business needs.
With a focus on scalability, security, and automation, the company aims to address the networking challenges of both established enterprises and rapidly growing startups.
- Cisco Systems
- Aruba Networks (a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company)
- Juniper Networks
- Palo Alto Networks
- Dell Technologies (including Dell EMC networking solutions)
- Huawei Technologies
- Brocade Communications Systems
Key/Fun Company Facts
- Extreme Networks was originally named “Extreme Networks, Inc.” but later changed its name to “Extreme Networks, LLC.”
- The company’s first product, the Extreme 3810 Ethernet Switch, was released in 1997 and gained significant traction in the market.
- Extreme Networks actively supports environmental sustainability and has implemented green initiatives across its operations and products.
- The company has received multiple awards and recognitions for its products and contributions to the networking industry.
- Extreme Networks’ solutions have been deployed in various high-profile events, including the Super Bowl and the Olympic Games, showcasing their reliability and performance on a global stage.