Stamford, Connecticut, United States
Industry: Research and Advisory Services
Region: US 🇺🇸
Year Founded: 1979
IPO Date: 8-22-1993
Market Cap: $20.5 billion
Number of Employees: Approx. 16,000
Revenue: $4.1 billion (2020)
Net Income: $473 million (2020)
Gartner, Inc. is an American research and advisory firm that provides information technology-related insights to businesses and organizations.
The company was founded in 1979 by Gideon Gartner and went public on May 31, 1993.
Its initial public offering (IPO) was priced at $18 per share, and since then, the company has grown to become one of the leading players in the IT research and advisory industry.
Gartner IPO Prospectus
A prospectus is a formal document required by and filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) that provides details about an investment offering to the public.
You can find Gartner’s Prospectus here.
Company Overview & History
Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, and operates globally, serving clients in various sectors, including IT, finance, human resources, and marketing.
The company offers a wide range of services, such as research reports, expert advice, data analytics, and consulting, all aimed at helping its clients make informed decisions and navigate the complexities of the rapidly evolving technology landscape.
Throughout its history, Gartner has expanded its services and portfolio through strategic acquisitions, enabling it to enter new markets and enhance its expertise.
The company has also made significant investments in research and development to ensure it stays at the forefront of technological advancements and maintains its position as a trusted source of industry insights.
|Year||Revenue($B)||Net Income($B)||EBITDA($B)||Operational Cash Flow($B)|
Gartner operates on a subscription-based business model, where clients pay for access to its research reports, analyst insights, and advisory services on a yearly basis.
This approach provides clients with ongoing support and access to the latest industry trends, data, and recommendations, fostering long-term partnerships and repeat business.
Additionally, Gartner’s consulting services offer customized solutions to address specific challenges faced by individual clients.
The company’s expert analysts collaborate with organizations to develop tailored strategies, helping them stay competitive in their respective markets and capitalize on emerging opportunities.
Market Cap Over the Years
As with any business, Gartner faces certain risk factors that could impact its operations and financial performance.
These risks include the potential for increased competition from other research and consulting firms, economic downturns affecting client spending on IT services, and the need to continuously attract and retain top industry experts to maintain the quality of its services.
Moreover, the rapid pace of technological advancements poses a risk in terms of ensuring the relevance and accuracy of Gartner’s research.
To mitigate these risks, the company employs a rigorous quality control process and invests in the professional development of its analysts.
Gartner operates in the fast-growing market of technology research and advisory services.
As businesses increasingly rely on technology to drive innovation and efficiency, the demand for expert insights and recommendations in this space is expected to continue growing.
Gartner’s reputation and extensive expertise position it favorably to capitalize on this opportunity and expand its market presence further.
- Forrester Research
- IDC (International Data Corporation)
- 451 Research
- Strategy Analytics
- Frost & Sullivan
- Deloitte Consulting
Key/Fun Company Facts
- Gartner was founded by Gideon Gartner, who has a background in market research and worked for several well-known organizations before establishing his own firm.
- The company’s Magic Quadrant methodology, used to evaluate and position technology vendors in various markets, has become an industry standard and is widely recognized by IT professionals and vendors alike.
- Gartner’s research and advisory services cover a vast array of technology domains, ranging from artificial intelligence and cloud computing to cybersecurity and enterprise applications.
- The company hosts various conferences and events throughout the year, attracting industry leaders and professionals to discuss the latest trends and innovations in the technology sector.
- Gartner has a strong focus on corporate social responsibility and actively participates in initiatives related to sustainability, diversity, and community engagement.