Windsor, Connecticut, United States
Region: US 🇺🇸
Year Founded: 1986
IPO Date: 03-31-2010
Market Cap: $15.6 billion
Number of Employees: Approx. 24,000
Revenue: $5.283 billion (2022)
Net Income: $649 million (2022)
SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc.
SS&C Technologies IPO
SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. (SS&C) went public on October 12, 2010.
The company’s initial public offering (IPO) was priced at $15 per share, and it debuted on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol “SSNC.”
Since its IPO, SS&C has experienced steady growth and has become a prominent player in the financial technology (fintech) industry.
The company’s IPO marked a significant milestone in its journey from a private entity to a publicly-traded company, allowing it to access capital markets for further expansion and development.
SS&C Technologies IPO Prospectus
A prospectus is a formal document required by and filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) that provides details about an investment offering to the public. You can find SS&C Technologies’ Prospectus here.
Company Overview & History
SS&C Technologies is a global provider of software products and services for the financial services industry.
The company was founded in 1986 by William C. Stone in Windsor, Connecticut.
Initially, SS&C focused on providing investment management software solutions to hedge funds and asset management firms.
Over the years, the company expanded its product portfolio and services, catering to a broader range of financial institutions, including banks, insurance companies, fund administrators, and pension funds.
SS&C’s growth has been driven by both organic initiatives and strategic acquisitions.
Through a series of successful acquisitions, the company has consolidated its position in the fintech market, broadened its product offerings, and expanded its international presence.
Today, SS&C serves thousands of clients worldwide, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to some of the world’s largest financial institutions.
|Year||Revenue($B)||Net Income($B)||EBITDA($B)||Operational Cash Flow($B)|
SS&C Technologies operates on a software-as-a-service (SaaS) and license-based business model.
The company offers a comprehensive suite of software solutions designed to streamline various financial processes, including portfolio management, accounting, risk management, regulatory reporting, and investor communications.
Clients can choose from a range of deployment options, including cloud-based solutions and on-premises installations.
SS&C generates revenue through subscription fees, licensing fees, maintenance and support services, and professional services.
Its SaaS model provides clients with cost-effective and scalable solutions, allowing them to access cutting-edge technology without the burden of extensive infrastructure investments.
Market Cap Over the Years
While SS&C Technologies has enjoyed significant success and growth, several risk factors could impact its future performance. These risks include:
- Market and Industry Risk: SS&C operates in a highly competitive and rapidly evolving fintech industry.
New technologies and market trends could disrupt the company’s existing products and services.
- Regulatory Compliance: The financial services industry is subject to complex and ever-changing regulations.
SS&C must ensure its software solutions comply with these regulations, which can be challenging and costly.
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy: With the increasing reliance on technology, SS&C faces the risk of cybersecurity breaches and data privacy incidents.
A security breach could lead to financial losses and reputational damage.
- Integration of Acquisitions: SS&C’s growth strategy includes acquisitions, and successful integration is crucial.
Difficulties in integrating acquired companies could adversely affect operations.
- Global Economic Conditions: SS&C’s performance is sensitive to global economic conditions.
Economic downturns may lead to reduced demand for its services.
The financial services industry is undergoing a digital transformation, and SS&C Technologies is well-positioned to capitalize on this market opportunity.
The demand for efficient and automated financial software solutions is increasing, driven by the need for cost reduction, regulatory compliance, and enhanced customer experience.
Moreover, as the volume and complexity of financial transactions grow, there is a rising need for advanced data analytics and risk management tools, which SS&C provides.
The company’s extensive product portfolio and strong customer base enable it to target various segments within the financial industry.
With its global presence, SS&C can tap into emerging markets and expand its reach to new clients worldwide.
- FIS (Fidelity National Information Services)
- Fiserv, Inc.
- Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc.
- BlackRock Solutions
- Advent Software, Inc.
- Bloomberg LP
- State Street Corporation
Key/Fun Company Facts
- SS&C Technologies was named after its founders, William C. Stone and his partner, Samuel J. Scott, whose initials formed “SS” in the company name.
- The company’s headquarters are located in Windsor, Connecticut, USA.
- SS&C has grown through more than 50 strategic acquisitions, expanding its product offerings and market presence.
- The company sponsors various charitable and community initiatives, emphasizing corporate social responsibility.
- SS&C’s annual user conference brings together industry experts, clients, and partners for networking and knowledge sharing.